Saturday, February 23, 2008

Easier Said Than Done!

You know how many times I have shared Isaiah 40:28-31 with people who were going through difficulties? I've lost track! And even this week, I texted these verses to young people from C3 for them to read with me. But I have discovered that it is sometimes harder to hear and accept them when you're sitting on the other side of the Bible, so to speak. What good is the very Word of God if we don't really listen and internalize it? How can we truly be pointed to the Mighty One if we don't wrestle with Him? What good is good news if it doesn't change and transform people? So today, I'm asking the Lord to give me strength to WAIT upon Him...even though I'm starting to go batty from sitting in this chair with my leg up on ice!!!

3 comments:

Greg Cox said...

Whilst I would like to say that I am above reproach, I did look at this and did not offer commentary. I suppose this delutes my credibility to some extent? So I shall say, well said. Should we be praying that you mount up with wings like eagles? or just that you will someday walk again?

Bronson said...

"Better late than never", I was always told. It took a while to get my account set up. I know you need the wings, now. (And no comments about "I just flew in from Cranberry, and, boy, are my arms tired!"...)

We pray for your speedy healing!

Brett Probert said...

Jerry...cool site man!