Monday, July 14, 2008

He's Back!

I have been traveling a lot in my ministry this summer...annual conference/summer camp/mission trip. God stuff, no doubt. But I'm glad to be able to put my hand to the Cornerstone plow for a season. We are at a very odd spot in our history. We are 8 years old, and in many ways we act like an 8 year old! We are trying to grow up, but we're also confused about what growing up means. We have some big dreams for the future, but we struggle to work toward them with real tenacity sometimes. We seem at times to be more concerned with what we're going to get for Christmas, as opposed to what we're going to give, if you know what I mean. Indeed a blessed time to be in ministry, and indeed, a challenging time as well. Our leadership team is meeting this evening to reconnect and to seek the Lord's face as we continue our journey. Pray for your leadership, whomever they may be, as they need your prayers more and more as the times change and we Jesus-followers seek to be faithful to Him and to the changing world!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I pray the meeting went well this evening brother. I look forward to see the Spirit's leading at Cornerstone. Can't wait to see you tomorrow too.

Jeff Kahl said...

Praying for you as you discern God's vision for the future!
And congrats on your healed knee!