Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Stop, In the Name of Love!


In Psalm 46:10, God reminds us that we are to be still in order to know He is God. Well now that is easier said than done. I tend to be the kind of person who's foot is always shaking if I have to sit somewhere. I tend to have lots of thoughts rolling around in my head at one time. In brief, I find it very hard to be still.
And the nature of our society feeds my illness. We live in a busy, busy world these days and activity is often even associated with godliness. At least by us, it is. I'm not sure God sees it that way.
Have you ever thought that the answer to life's problems, and Kingdom issues, is not to do more, but to do less? Let's face it, doing more isn't helping! So maybe if we did less and just "were" more, we'd discover...rediscover perhaps...God. And then He can and will be God!!!

6 comments:

Greg Cox said...

I would have been happy if you hadn't put a picture that got me singing a song over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

So am I singing a song or being still?

Anonymous said...

You know they have a pill for RLS (restless leg syndrome). Of course you can have all kind of side effects like diareaha and a third leg growing out of you stomach. Maybe you can make a pill that has a little bit of Jesus in it.

Ben

Randy Roda said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm back in blog land with a new blog called "up words" at www.randyroda.blogspot.com. Hope you are doing great Brett.

Barb said...

...before you break my heart o/'o/'

Brett Probert said...

Greg: um, yes, I think?

Ben: pill pusher

Randy: great to have you back!

Barb: I said: STOP, in the name of love...

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Great reminder, esp. during the busy-ness of summer. Thanks for that.