Monday, September 08, 2008

Great Weekend!


I had a busy weekend, but a great time. I was honored to perform a wedding for some new friends at Jumonville on Saturday. It was a beautiful time of celebration.
Cornerstone worshiped the Lord on Sunday...great stuff. We kicked off a September series called "Have We Forgotten" where we're remembering the events of 9/11 and the lessons God taught us through that. We're trying to recommit ourselves to loving God and one another more as we remember the days immediately after the tragedy. We interviewed one of our own, Kimberly, who is a flight attendant for American Airlines. She lost friends in two of the planes that went down that day. It was a moving testimony and a powerful reminder. We also had a "cookout" lunch after worship in our warehouse space. We had a blast...some new folks who even hung around to eat with us. Great times indeed and a great way to start the week.

5 comments:

Greg Cox said...

And you said you were too busy to blog . . .

Brett Probert said...

No, I said I'm too busy for hair.

Anonymous said...

WHAT HAIR??

Randy Roda said...

I'm still trying to figure out how to fold towels

Barb said...

Greg, you said YOU were too busy to blog.

Are the "hair jokes" aimed at me? Because if you are, I can say "Quit making fun of me"

Barb, Your Associate sister

(sorry Brett for using your blog for family business)