Thursday, February 05, 2009

Unfacebooked


I just "unfriended" a facebook friend. For those of you still stuck in the dark ages (of last year) (read: MOM), facebook is a free "social networking" website that allows people to interact. It's kinda like being at a party online. You can "talk" to people, share photos or play silly party games. You can also choose who you want to be in your online party by making them your facebook "friend."
So today, I uninvited someone. I guess you could say I asked him to leave my party. Why? Because he is just so arrogant. He is forever talking about himself and has all the answers. The real "know-it-all" type. Drive me CRAZY!!!
So then I think, what about me? Maybe his arrogance is so annoying to me because it reminds me of my own? I hope not. And if I am, then Lord I am asking you to take that from me and replace it with only you. May I become less so that you can become more. May "my party" be about you.

3 comments:

Greg Cox said...

I'm going to check right now to see if it was me.

Anonymous said...

You know, Mr. know-it-all, I have my own Social Network called Quilt Group. It does suffice for me, being in the dark ages. I do not need IN YOUR FACE BOOK!!

Greg Cox said...

Wow! That's one salty quilter! I'd beware of accepting gifts from that one - s/he may leave pins in unsuspecting places. Shhh!