Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Ch ch ch ch changes....


Why does human nature hate change? There is this ongoing furor (or fervor, depending on your choice of words...) about the "new" facebook. I am working with our Leadership Team to change our vision statement which is causing some unrest. We're not doing the "same" Good Friday service this year...I hope nobody leaves the church because of it! Because, it seems, we don't like to change.


But change can be a wonderful thing...a new opportunity. God is changing the world and that is the fantastic news of Easter. Change means we have Spring instead of winter all year long (and I promise, winter is nearly done!). Change means we meet new people, have new experiences, and have new opportunities to love and serve an awesome God.


So I say "change...bring it on!"

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I have always been a proponent of change - so much so that people often become annoyed with me! Seriously, though, if you don't change, than you can't possibly grow! After all, what is growth if not change?