Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Innovate

So I'm at the Dubois Harley dealer last week (and BTW Carla won us a $50 gift certificate in a drawing there...yippee...we're going back for more chromeage!!!) and I, true to my nature, had to pee. So I goes into the men's room, and what do I behold? Voila:

Cool eh? For you womenfolk readers, that's a urinal. It's something every guy wishes he had in his home. But this urinal was extra special....there were handlebars to hold onto, a rearview mirror (for safety reasons!) and, are you ready...to flush it, you pulled in the clutch!!!! No joke! I knew Carla wouldn't let me sneak her in to see it so I took this picture to show her. She was as thrilled as I was (NOT!)
So what's my point? I love it when people think...do a new thing...innovate. In 2 Corinthians 5:17, God uses Paul to talk about the newness we have. In Isaiah, God says He is doing a new thing. Jesus talked about new wine and new wineskins...God is a Creator...Innovator extraordinaire! And He created us to be the same.
So how do we exercise our creativity to honor Him and to reach those who don't know of His love and grace?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you didn't hold on to the swine flu infected handle bars.
Ben

Brett Probert said...

aye, laddie, I did.

Dayton D. Mix said...

Next time you're here in DuBois, give me a HOLLER!!! (actually the phone works better!)

You're right... That is one COOL urinal!!!