Friday, July 17, 2009

Wow....


So I just finished reading a book. That, in itself, should be the reason to blog. I never read. And when I do read a book, I never finish it. (Also, FYI, I've told you a million times, I never exaggerate.)


The book. Well you see the picture over there. It's about how we, the church, has become about us, the church instead of about God.
Now that sounds simplistic, but the author really helped me to see how, and how insidious it really is. This has been one of the rare and glorious moments when the words of a song, or just the melody, or the words of a writer will lead me to say "that's what I've been feeling! Thank you for saying it in a way that even I understand!"
I hope to blog more about the book soon, but for now: "Thank you God, and thank you Skye for saying what I think I've been feeling...and for saying it in a way even I can understand..."

No comments: