Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall


So in the last few days, several people have come up to me and said "Brett, I think you're wrestling with ___________ right now." And do you know what, they're right!!! So I said "how did you know?" And they replied that they could tell by my facial expressions and my body language. WHOA! That's pretty cool, and pretty scary!


So it got me to thinking...how little we know ourselves. We look in the mirror but we really don't know how we appear to others. And we certainly don't know how we appear to the Lord. He even sorta warned us that this is the case in 1 Corinthians 13:12. I pray that I may see myself today as I truly am...to be completely honest with myself, with you, and with God about who I am, and who I'm not!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"The warning signs of a troubled mind: it's all the things we can't see and can't hide."

-- "Swimming Pool" by The Submarines

Thought it was a pertinent quote. The song is a little hippy-esque, but very true as you have experienced :-D.