Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Free!


I was talking with a friend the other day and he was talking about the freedom we have in Christ and how awesome it is.  You know, I have known this truth for years...in my head.  But something about the passion in his voice and his testimony to me had a huge impact on me and I haven't been able to get the notion out of my head since then. 

We are free...Galatians 5:1 says that "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free."   I believe that He desires us to be free...and how awesome it is when we are.  Free from debt.  Free from sin.  Free from fear.   Free from the expectations of others.  Free from ourselves.  Free to love.  Free to be like Him.  What has He freed you from?  Better yet, what has He freed you for?  Whatever it is, be free today.  And remember the conclusion to the story in Galatians 5...from verse 13: "You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil;
live as servants of God.

1 Peter 2:16 -

I think we often hide behind our freedom.