Sunday, November 22, 2009

Caught Not Taught...


So I'm thinking it's true, that the fine line between the dog and owner begins to blur over the years...

You see, we have this crazy dog Shadrach.  He's almost 10 years old now and I love him...but I must admit he drives me crazy.  He is so reactionary.  Every little thing that happens he reacts like a crazy dog.  Every time I get out the chair, he's ready for his next "big adventure."  That usually means I'm just getting a glass of milk and he doesn't get anything, but still there is this ridiculous excitement...

He's also very fickle.  One minute he is all lovey and stuff and the next minute he's like "leave me alone."  One minute he is lying on the floor and the next minute he is fidgeting around on his cushion (his cush-cush!).   

And I look at him and think...what a nut!  And then I realize...over the years, he has taken on my personality!!!  I didn't teach him to act this way, he just learned it by watching me!  His behavior was caught, not taught. 

So I wonder...are we watching and catching Jesus? 

And then I wonder...who (besides Shadrach) is watching and catching Jesus...from ME?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It extends farther than you think.

Keep up the good and hard work God has you do.

Madawg