Sunday, December 06, 2009

Livin' For Sunday Mornings...


Here is a recent photo from one of Cornerstone's worship services...NOT!  If you have not ever been here, well we meet in a converted warehouse space and it looks just a little bit like nothing like this!

But we do faithfully gather every Sunday at 10:30 to sing, to pray, to praise, to share the Word of life together...to lift up the name of Jesus Christ.  And in the past 4 1/2 years that I've had the privilege of leading this congregation, I've loved every minute of our worship together...

And yet as I work through my own transitions from being a pastor to serving the Lord in some missional way, I am reflecting on my accomplishments here....and on where I have failed.  And as I lead this church through a time of transition and preparation for a new leader, we need to be reflecting on what we have accomplished together...and where we have failed.  I believe one of the things that we have found it most difficult to do is to be the church in any big way other than on Sunday mornings.

Our budget reflects this...our money, our time, and our facilities are primarily focused on enabling the Sunday morning worship service.  Not that it is bad to come together in worship...it is essential to our faith.  But we must also be the church to the world the other 6 days.  I believe one of my greatest shortcomings in my time here has been to be able to lead us in reaching out...boldly...recklessly...unceasingly...into this lost and hurting world.  One thing I believe we need to strive for as we move forward is to be livin' for Monday mornings, and Tuesdays, and so on...as much as we do for Sundays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ymocofuf.bigheadhosting.net/pycavyg.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life