Thursday, January 07, 2010

The Winter Storm of the Decade!!!


So here we are...smack dab in the middle of the biggest winter storm we've seen all decade.  That's right, you heard me, the whole decade (which began seven days ago...). 

To the left I've included a picture of what our neighborhood looks like right now.  (Note: there really isn't anything there but white.  Get it, Mom?)  Please don't mistake this picture for ghosts eating marshmallows in a styrofoam room.

So I have some thoughts on surviving this incredible storm which will probably doom us all:

1.  Drive really fast.  That way you'll get past the place where you might wreck quickly and avoid the wreck.

2.  Don't stop at stop signs.  That way you won't slide or spin out.

3.  Stock up on strawberry Pop-tarts.

4.  Call everybody you know every 5 minutes and ask them how the roads are.

5.  Cancel any activities you may be in charge of at least 48 hours before the first flake drops.

6.  Call the coordinator of any activities you are not in charge of at least every 15 minutes to see if they canceled the activity yet.  (Don't forget to ask them how the roads are.)

7.  Frequently update your facebook and twitter about the snow and your feelings about it. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be in New Paris if you really want to see SNOW up to your eyeballs and then some. It is snowing even as I write.

Brett Probert said...

I wish I was!!!!

Anonymous said...

So do some of us!!

Kelli said...

Ok...now I feel bad about texting you the pretty snow covered tree in my yard. Also ingnore my FB status that says it's a snow day today. LOL

Brett Probert said...

Kelli...TOO funny! Have a great day and enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

Brett I hate to admit I was waiting for the picture to pop up. LOL

Jayebird said...

You are hysterical! I love it!!!

Brett Probert said...

Jaye...how are the roads?