Thursday, February 04, 2010

Did I Say Something?!

Aight...time for true confessions.  When I'm not setting the kitchen on fire (right now, I'm making one of my favorite African delicacies...wali na maharagi.  Can you tell Carla's working tonight?!), and even when I am, I find myself talking to myself a lot.  Is this bad?  I heard somewhere that it is a sign of genius.  OK, where I heard that?  I said it to myself!  Sometimes, I pretend like I'm talking to Shadrach...somehow, that makes it seem acceptable. Or better yet, I'll call it praying!  I'll talk to myself but convince myself that I'm really not...that I'm talking to God.  That kind of holyfying something can make it all better!!!   So what about you...do you talk to yourself?  Why?  For me, it seems to be therapeutic, and almost a method of more effective thought.  Make sense?  You too?  Who said that?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They only come to put the jacket (the ones with the extra long sleeves) on you if you start saying both sides of the conversation! (At least that's what I tell myself!)

Raylen Darby said...

I love talking to myself.... Wait I just love talking in general so when there's no one else for me to talk to I just simply talk to myself. Sometimes I even pretend that I am a different person and act and talk like they would. For example an Indian.