Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why?

So I just read this book called "What the Dog Saw."  And the chapters explore such pressing questions as:

Why are there all kinds of gourmet mustards and stuff but only one ketchup really seems to dominate the world?

Why do some people just seem to attract dog bites and others seem to just woo an animal into submission?

Why do some people "choke" and some panic and what's the difference?

Why do we sometimes try to manage problems that are really just easier to solve?

I must say, it was a really good read.  What are you reading?  And, if you'll pardon the expression, why?

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Color your World...cuz it's required!

Lori Fagan said...

"The Battered Body"...a light mystery that entertains my brain on these cold winter days.

Anonymous said...

Nothing… I guess I’m too busy trying to manage my problems, panicking about them, wondering if the neighbor’s dog is going to bite me the next time I see it and trying to decide if I want ketchup (Heinz, of course) or Grey Poupon (pardon, but do you have any Grey Poupon?) on my sandwich. Really, I think it’s because I can’t stay focused long enough to read one page without my mind wandering to something else. Or maybe it’s, oh never mind…

Brett Probert said...

Jackie: fuggetaboutit!
Lori: good stuff!
Anonymous: maybe you should just stick to reading my blogs...

Jenn said...

Blood Ties - cause it's about the supernatural and vampires. It's my guilty pleasure.