Monday, March 20, 2006

The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these....

Last night, I hosted our Senior High home group. What a blast...they keep me young! We actually started a youth version of the "Where Do I Fit?" class of our Stepping Stones ministry. We had a great time starting to figure out who God made us to be and how to live that out in school and in our careers. I learned as much from them as they did from me, I'm sure.

But here is the coolest thing: Were you worshiping with Cornerstone Church yesterday? If not, you can listen to the service. I am coming down the home stretch in a message series entitled "Lip Service or Life Service?" We are studying through the book of James and seeing how real faith in Jesus Christ will change us to act on our beliefs and on our relationship with the Lord. Well yesterday, we touched on that ever-so-unpleasant subject of confession. Read about it here. Well in there, God tells us through James to confess our sins to each other! Ouch!! Why in the world....? So that we can pray for each other and help each other receive the healing from our sinful lives that only Jesus can bring.

Well lo and behold (I sound like my mother!), one of the youth last night blurts out in the middle of it all "I confessed one of my sins to [another youth] in the car today." At first I was stunned, but then realized that it was true. Now we didn't elaborate as a group on what the issue was...we didn't need to. This young person found the strength to be bold and open up to a fellow Christian youth. That friend is now praying and helping out. Praise God!!!!

Now, how about us "grown ups"? What do you need to share with a close Christian friend to help you with? Why not follow the example of our youth? Why? Because Jesus said so...

No comments: