Saturday, April 22, 2006

Life is good...



Carla and I took the day off yesterday and had a blast. We did breakfast at Eat'n Park...the buffet...yummm!!! Then we went and did a little shopping, including Dick's sporting goods where we checked out the lastest in Life is Good wear...

Then, we went a did what you see in this pic. We took a 12 mile bike ride, got lost, and ended up at Knob Hill Park...cool place...great ride...what a blast.

Then we threw the kayaks on the van and headed to Moraine State Park for an afternoon of kayaking....it was beautiful. The wind was blowing like crazy and creating all kind of chop, which we love. Then we headed back to Cranberry where stopped at the motorcycle dealer. One-a-these-days....

Then it was home for chicken on the grill and a Scrabble tourny. Carla beat me 317 to 314...a real squeaker.

Life is good. I love my job as a pastor...but I also love time off I get to spend with my lovely wife Carla. We enjoyed the day together...we enjoyed one another...we enjoyed God's creation...and we enjoyed Him in it and in each other...

3 comments:

Jan said...

A-men! I love time with my spouse too! (We had a similar day on Thursday. It was great!)

Chris said...

Brett, Jan beat me to the punch. On Thursdat we walked 3 or so miles, then did 14 miles at Moraine. I love my spouse! I mean just look at her...she's a thinker!

Brett Probert said...

Cool...keep it up guys. God is good and shows up best in the Christians whom we love most!