Saturday, July 08, 2006

Home

I think I heard it said somewhere "there's no place like home!" Yesterday, Carla had to work so I set off on a solo journey for Salix Pennsylvania. You can see it on the map HERE. Salix is home. It is the place that never changes. It is the town where you refer to the homes as "so and so's old place." It is the town of a zillion childhood memories. And it is the town where my mom and dad still live. I had a great visit yesterday. I had a baloney sammich with mom and dad. (I wanted something better, but mom wouldn't oblige.) I checked out their garden, surveyed the trees, and picked a few prematurely ripe raspberries. A good time was had...

So today, I'm back "home." Not Salix, but Cranberry Township. And what a comparison in contrasting Pennsylvania towns. Cranberry is the "anti-Salix!" And yet, it is home. It is the place where Carla and I currently put down our roots. It is the place of new friends. It is the place of a rapid, and yet somehow exhilarating, pace. It is the place where everything changes. And it is the place where we now love to call home.

Maybe home has more to do with where God is calling you to be. Maybe home is where you see Him most. For me, that has been and still is Salix. For me, that has been and still is Cranberry Township. I wonder where home will be next.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»