Thursday, August 24, 2006

The last fling of summer

Carla and I will be leaving Friday morning for a two day fling before she starts school. We are going to a water park on Friday and the Cleveland Zoo on Saturday. We'll return Saturday night, and I can't wait to preach on Sunday. I'm preaching from Psalm 42:1-5, and my message is entitled "I'm Thirsty". Here's a sneak preview: The deer is panting because he is tired of being chased by his enemy, the lion. He stops to drink, and is satisfied. I am "thirsty" because I'm being chased by my own "lions". I want to drink from the Living Water, and be satisfied... If you're a cornerstoner, I'll see you Sunday!!!

1 comment:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Have a good mini-vacation. I'm preaching a "back to school" sermon from Deuteronomy 6...

"Keep these words that I am commanding you today in your heart. Recite them to your children and talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise...", etc.

Hard to go wrong with good material like that.