Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The decaffeinated me - Day 2

Well, I'm still alive! More than that, I'm alive in Christ. Why is it that we are so hesitant to be obedient when in obedience is true joy. Didn't Jesus say something like that? Lemme see, check out John 15:10-11 where Jesus says: "If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete."

Thank you Lord for the chance to be obedient in something small (or "tall", in Starbucks-speak). Help me now to be obedient in the big things (or "venti")!

1 comment:

Prettybird said...

The bishop sited that quote from John when he spoke to us...about joy...at retreat. He must go to Starbucks too.

love,
r