Monday, November 27, 2006

A Revelation

At Cornerstone, I am preaching through the Christmas season from the book of Revelation. Christmas, after all, is the first revelation of God to the world in Jesus Christ. The book of Revelation deals somewhat with a coming revelation of the Lord to the world. But in the first few chapters, He also talks about how He wishes to be revealed to us in the moment. I think this is perhaps the greatest reason for the book. I believe that the Lord just wants us to see Him, to know Him, to love Him, to surrender to Him, to be with Him for eternity. That's His purpose in revelation, to make Himself known that we might love Him.


And so in these weeks of preparation for Christmas, my prayer will be that I might see Jesus revealed right here, right now, in and through my life....



5 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Sounds like fun! It's a great time of year for preaching...we can do the Christmas thing from so many different angles. God is good!

Brett Probert said...

Amen. It is fun...I started yesterday with Jesus' revelation to the church at Ephesus...and how we need to get back to our first love. A good time!

We gonna get together one of these days?

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Yeah...I'll call you.

Chris said...

Hey, can I get in on that action? I was once a probie with you both....

Brett Probert said...

Chris...sure you can get in on the action...but we're gonna talk emergent. Think you can handle it?