Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wow, is God good or what?

I had breakfast this morning with a man who, with his wife and son, wishes to be baptized. Talk about the fire of the Holy Spirit...this guy has it!!! It reminded me of why I do what I do. I can get so caught up in the institution of the church that I miss the ways in which Jesus is grabbing people's hearts and bringing radical changes to them. Thank you Lord, and may that fire spread to me as I rub shoulders with the world.

I'm hoping to have a chance to do that tomorrow as my wife Carla and I and some friends from Cornerstone help to serve a Thanksgiving dinner to the community of people in the South Side of Pittsburgh. It is to be a beautiful day, and I hope to have the chance to spend time on the street with people...just loving them and looking for ways to let Jesus shine through me. Pray for us as we have this privilege...that it would be one of Kingdom harvest.

Could these verses ever be truer?

1 Thessalonians 5:16-19
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not put out the Spirit's fire!!! (NIV)

1 comment:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Sounds great! Good for you guys! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!