Tuesday, May 01, 2007

This will preach!

2 Corinthians 3:12-18
12 Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. 14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (NIV)

I'm sharing these verses as a part of our leadership gathering this evening. A couple of pretty neat things:

1. The veil has been taken away!!!!
2. We are to reflect God's glory!
3. We are being TRANSFORMED (or we should be!) into HIs likeness!
4. We are (or we should be) VERY BOLD!

So church...are we?

6 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Preach it!

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting to see you "Excited" to preach God's word!
S. Morris

Prettybird said...

Brett,
Just wanted to say "I love you man". Your comments on the official "metho-blogs" always crack me up! Not that you never have a good comment ("ummmm").

Thanks for providing levity among all of the tension! That McIlwain guy is a real pip.

How is Shedrach?

love,
r

Brett Probert said...

Robyn,

I love you too, wo-man! I try not to be too serious...it hurts too much. And is Keith that serious at home too?

Shad is doing mucho betterio. The cone is off and the leg is just about healed and he is back to being one happy puppy!

Peace out, girl scout.

Randy Roda said...

I gotta come hear you preach, brother. Don't be too surprised if I show up some Sunday!

Brett Probert said...

You're always welcome bro! I used this "little message" with my leadership last evening. I like to "preach" differently to the seasoned Christian...the leaders...the mature disciples...than I do during worship on Sunday. We attract visitors nearly every Sunday and I always want to be sensitive to the fact that everyone is at a different place on the journey!