Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I just wanted to share some things that I am thankful for.

First of all, for a God who chose to create me and this world. For a God who chose to reveal Himself to me in His Son Jesus Christ and to redeem me through His life, death, and resurrection. And for a God who lives through me and perfects me through the power and abiding presence of His Holy Spirit.

I am thankful to God for my wife Carla. She is the greatest human being in the world. She is my best friend!!!

I'm thankful to God for my family. I am truly blessed with parents and siblings and in-laws and an extended family whom I love.

I'm thankful to God for my church family. Cornerstone has been one of the greatest blessings of my pastoral life. I am so happy to be able to serve with these wonderful people. I have made some great friends for which I'm very thankful.

There is so much more that I have to be thankful for that there isn't enough bandwidth to contain. I hope you're able to recount your blessings over this holyday too.

4 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

I'm thankful for you, brother. But moreso for Robyn...no offense.

Greg Cox said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Man. Enjoy your day with family and Carla.

Anonymous said...

We sure hope that you have a blessed, thankful, and Joyful Thanksgiving!
Love,
Sandy, Joe, Drue, and Aren Morris

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving, brother! I am blessed to have you as a good friend.