Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ch ch ch ch changes!


So I'm preaching today on change. How do you like change? Some people seem to thrive on change, and I think I may be one of them. I love to move the furniture around in my office or in the living room or in the guitar room. I love to do new things and go new places. I like variety and stuff. Some people do not. I wonder why...

The big question is where is God in the midst of change. Sometimes we control change and we must seek His face in that. (James 1:5 and James 4:13-15). Sometimes change just happens and we must search for the Lord in it all. (Ecclesiastes 3:1-9)

As a Christian, however, mostly we ought to be waiting and responding to God's call to change. And when He calls, we must be obedient. (2 Corinthians 5:17 and Joshua 1:1-9)

Now if you're reading this Sunday morning before church, you can skip it...that's my message today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you don't really want us to skip it do you?!?!? You might be more inspired before church and add something extra!