Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wow...This is Good Stuff!


Check this out: Philippians 3:10-16 (in the Message). What a neat and new way of reading an old and favorite passage of mine. I shared this Scripture with our Leadership Team last night as we gathered in my home. We had a very interesting conversation about how people who are not Christians have as a primary goal to not suffer. However, God seems to be saying that as a Christian, that is no longer our goal. In fact, we ought to be desiring to partner with Jesus in His suffering and be willing to do that to the point of death!!! Wow...that is powerful stuff.

It leads me to the question...am I willing to suffer in order to serve Him? Am I willing to give up everything...even life itself? And won't I know Him better if I do become willing? How 'bout you...

No comments: