Sunday, November 08, 2009

NEWS FLASH: I'M NOT DEAD!!!! (yet)


Heck, I'm not even dying (at least at a faster-than-normal-than-I'm-aware-of-but-if-I-don't-stop-eating-Krispy-Kream-donuts-that-could-change-rate).  I am alive and well.  Let me repeat that for the hard of hearing: I AM ALIVE AND WELL!

Why do I feel the need to share this news flash?  Because of how people are treating me...how they are responding to my news that I'm pursuing God's call on my life to "local" missions.  I have people from my previous churches calling and crying because I'm not going to be a pastor anymore.  I have people at Cornerstone that avoid talking to me or at least avoid talking about "it", you know, the way it is when you're dying and nobody wants to say you're dying?!?!

Well, I'm not dying, and I'm not dead.  I'm alive and well and following God's call on my life.  I am more excited (read: scared too life) about what God is doing next than I have been in a long time!  This is a very good thing.  My life as a pastor hasn't been a mistake, it is just that the season has ended.  My life isn't over.  In fact, my new, new life is just beginning.  And this is a good thing!

I'm not dead, at least not unless you consider the words of Paul in Galatians 2:20... "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"When Jesus ascended to the heights, he led a parade of captives and gave gifts to his people...He is the one who gave these gifts to the church: pastors and teachers. Their responsibility is to equip God's people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ..." Ephesians 4:8-13

Brett: This is you - you have equipped us, and readied us for the next step.

You have been a wonderful gift to Cornerstone and to me and my family. Sure we hate to see you go, but your decision is none other than one of the congregation members deciding to change jobs - move out of state and just better their life - I believe that this is your desire to better your life for the Lord, Yourself and Carla. I am sure that when you loose members of the congregation to another church it hurts you. . . However, we all must realize that "change" is good even though we don't like it sometimes. We are human and are still selfish like children and that is what I believe you are experiencing. We so often call upon you as a leader of the church to support us in times of need . . . THAT PEOPLE IT IS TIME TO TURN THE SUPPORT RIGHT BACK AT THE ONE WHO HAS GIVEN SO FREELY OF HIS TIME, LOVE AND SUPPORT for each of us.

Brett, you have our support, we are praying for you daily and you will always be a wonderful memory as a friend in Christ, a Pastor and a leader of my personal journey.

Brett Probert said...

Why thank you! And I support you, whoever you are!

Jennette said...

I am making a change. Not because you have inspired me to (sorry Brett). But because I am trusting that God is calling me to. It is a little scary but it's time I give up control of my life and hand it over to GOD.

Unknown said...

Sorry for not parking next to your Saturn the other morning when I stopped by. I will park next to it next time.

Be blessed brother and you are in my daily prayers as well as Carla and my brothers and their families.